Solaris 2.5 x86?

Thierry Goubier goubier at aspin.enst-bretagne.fr
Sun Jun 2 14:53:59 UTC 1996

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

> Evan Cheng wrote:
> > Has this been attempted?
>
> Several people have talked about this (actually, a port to
> Linux, but then a port to Solaris Intel would be trivial),
> but no one is doing it as far as I know.

Hum, did you gave up for tinySelf ? J.C. Mincke seems to be on the right
way for his implementation. VCODE seems to be the right tool to attempt
this implementation, but the x86 version is not yet ready.

But the result won't be like Self 4.0. I believe that very few Linux
machines will have enough memory to run a direct port of Self 4.0. (I
can't even find a Sparc usable for it :-()

Thierry.
___________________Thierry.Goubier at enst-bretagne.fr__________________
    Je ne suis pas un patriote car je n'ai pas peur de l'etranger
http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~goubier/