Why isn't Kansas X11?

Randy Smith Randall.Smith at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Jul 31 17:48:53 UTC 1996

Your guesses were correct: it seemed clearly heavier weight and complex
to have each morph associated with a subwindow, (outliners can have
hundreds of morphs) and things like arbitrary polygon morphs, hollow frames,
line morphs, and shadow casting are awkward at best in X.

However, we've had to start down this road to handle video
morphs. Video morphs act almost like regular morphs, but they are at times
relatively sluggish precisely because of all the subwindows you end up
generating.

	--Randy