inheritance semantics in Self 4.0

Marty Plotkin mpp at icad.com
Wed Feb 8 08:31:59 UTC 1995

I've seen a number of references to various changes that have been
made to Self's inheritance semantics since Self 3.0.  For example,
elimination of parent priorities, a new theory of slot privacy, new
idioms for sharing behavior.

I gather that the changes are slated to appear in Self 4.0.  I've
tried to locate a written description of the new semantics, perhaps
including an outline of the latest lookup algorithm, but I haven't
found it.  Am I missing something?  If so, I'd appreciate a pointer.
Or perhaps someone in the know would be willing to post a summary.

Thanks!

--Marty