traits

Randy Smith Randall.Smith at Eng.Sun.COM
Sun May 29 05:46:12 UTC 1994

> Why not just get the traits from the appropriate prototype?

We've talked about doing this (eliminating the "traits" object.)

So instead of "traits snortWidget" you'd just say "snortWidget parent,"
which of course you can do today. As long as the inheritance slot is actually
named "parent."

The only drawback I can see is requiring each prototype to have its inheritance link in a slot whose name you can count on.

However, even though I understand and appreciate the minimalist motives,
having the traits object somehow doesn't bother me that much.