decompiler

Ole Agesen [CONTRACTOR] Ole.Agesen at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Jun 15 17:25:55 UTC 1994

	Hello,

	Is there a decompiler available that produces something that
	looks like source code from bytecode vectors?

	Ivan.

Not that I'm aware of, but it shouldn't be too hard to make one, except
for possible indentation being lost. And perhaps parenthesis (I like
putting in a few redundant ones to make my code easier to read).

If you use Mango to parse source, you get parse trees which can be
"unparsed" back into source form. The unparsing is an exact inverse
of parsing, preserving indentation etc.

Ole