Self for other OSes/machines -- Linux?

Mario Wolczko Mario.Wolczko at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Jun 2 17:04:51 UTC 1994

   Is Self available for other OSes/machines besides Suns?  I'm wondering if
   it's available for Linux running on x86 machines.

Sorry to disappoint, but it's only available for Sparc/{SunOS,Solaris}
machines.

While we have speculated about porting the system to other
architectures, there are no definite plans as yet.  If lots of people
said they would use it if only it was available on
Windows/Mac/Linux/whatever, we might reconsider.

-Mario Wolczko

Sun Microsystems Labs., Inc., 2550 Garcia Ave, M/S MTV 29-116, Mountain View,
CA 94043, U.S.A.   tel: 415 336 6022, fax: 415 969 7269.