correction

John.Maloney at Eng.Sun.COM John.Maloney at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Oct 8 18:00:57 UTC 1993

I meant to say "we have NOT encountered a situation..." in the
second to last line of the following message.

	-- John

------- Forwarded Message
To: mcr at ccs.carleton.ca (Michael Richardson)
Cc: self-interest at self.stanford.edu, bjoern at ifki50.informatik.fh-muenchen.de,
        jmaloney
Subject: Re: categorizing traits objects
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 93 10:34:29 PDT
From: jmaloney

I think our experience suggests that even something that
seems simple like "breadth first search" can sometimes
result in unexpected behavior, especially for "resends".
Furthermore, I believe it makes programs more readable
to make the programmer's intent explicit when different
methods for the same message are inherited via several
parents. It is easy to write forwarding methods of the
form "foo = (parent1.foo)" to accomplish this. So far,
we have encountered a situation where more than a few
such methods were required.

	-- John

------- End of Forwarded Message