porting to NeXT?

MICHAEL RICHARDSON MCR at physics.carleton.ca
Fri Apr 30 03:57:17 UTC 1993

>Hi. I'm new to this mailing list and to Self.
>
>Assuming I wanted to take on the task of porting Self to the NeXT,
>can anyone give me some pointers to how big a job it would be, where
>to start, etc?

  Someone at Carleton is teasing me (no, daring me) to port Self to Mach386.
(Alas, this is version 2.5 rather than 3.0+bnr2ss or bsd4ss)
  I'd suggest starting from the sun3 sources since.
  When I get a chance to take a look at the sources and see how SunOS specific
they are, I might be able to offer advice on running under Mach.