Strange Things...(long, technical, possibly pointless :-)

Dave Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Jul 31 01:38:23 UTC 1992

neat stuff!

First, I think the ability to have both public and private slots
of the same name in the same object is a problematic part of the
language, and am not too surprised it gives you problems too.
We should probably treat it as bad style for now.

Second, you want to avoid the reflective primitives _AddSLots: etc
as much as possible and use DI and one-slot'ers instead.
If you do use a reflect object, adding constant slots or changing
constant slots should be faster than adding variable slots.
(if that helps)

Good luck!

Dave

PS (so my conclusion is: go with #2 in your message)