Problem after installing Self 2.0

Ole Agesen agesen at CS.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 11 15:41:37 UTC 1992

Hi Geoff.

I think your problems may be caused by a typo in the selfrc file.
We discovered this typo shortly after sending out the announcement.
The typo was fixed very quickly so most of you in self-interest should
not encounter any problems, but if you are among the few that have
gotten the bad version, here is the diff between selfrc with and without
the typo:

    68c68
    <        the trace if desired.'
    ---
    >        the trace if desired."

In other words, the single-quote should be changed to a duoble-quote.

Good luck!
Ole

P.S. Note that the selfrc file is copied to ~/.selfrc by the SelfUserSetup,
script so you have to fix the typo both in selfrc and your ~/.selfrc. Or
you can re-install Self, if that seems easier.