signals

trost%reed.BITNET at Forsythe.stanford.edu trost%reed.BITNET at Forsythe.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 17 19:41:17 UTC 1990

Urs Hoelzle writes:
>...a TWAINS will transfer to the given process and run it
>until some signal or special event occurs.  Typically, this would be
>'timer expired', 'process yielded', or a SIGIO signal.
>
>We have implemented a (rudimentary) scheduler and some basic
>facilities like Semaphores and non-blocking I/O (all written in Self).

I take it this means that the new compiler provides signal-handling
primitives of some sort?  I don't remember this being mentioned at any
time.

[Uh oh, here come the bounced messages....]